Kuwait Cultural Office is delighted to confirm that as from the 1st March 2013 AXA-PPP and Denplan have been given the contract to supply Health Insurance and Dental Insurance cover to Kuwaiti students residing in the UK for the purpose of study.
We have set up a website for Kuwaiti students who wish to register for their Health and Dental Insurance, or to update their existing details. The website is:
This website provides information on the cover being provided and on how to claim.
The following is a brief explanation of the procedures to register and/or update and how to use the medical insurance:
If you have already provided your details on the website previously, your original details will be held on file and new policy numbers should have been allocated to you. However, to ensure that the information held for you is correct, it is important that you log on to the website again, using your Civil ID Number, Date of birth and the Email address that you used to register originally. You will then be able to check and, if appropriate, update your information (for example if you have moved address or changed telephone number). You may also be required to upload a copy of your most recent visa at this point. Once your information has been updated you will be covered on the new policies and an email will follow within 10 days updating you with your new policy numbers. If you have a medical concern prior to this email arriving please feel free to call 01623600839.
• To join, simply complete the registration process www.kuwaiti-students.co.uk .
You will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your visa during this process. You should have an option there to add your accompanying family members’ details too if required.
• Once you register your details successfully, you should receive a confirmation email of your application. Then, you should receive your medical card and policy number by post from AXA-PPP and your dental policy details will be sent to you by email from Denplan.
• Students still need to register at their local GPs, as they will need to get referral letters from them before seeing private consultants or specialists.
• With regard to Dental treatments, students will have to go to any of their chosen local dentists and pay for their treatments and keep the receipts, so that they can get reimbursed according to policy regulations. This can be done by following the Denplan link on www.kuwaiti-students.co.uk
If you have any queries regarding the registration process or the medical insurance you can contact the company that manages these policies on our behalf on the following:
Do you have any questions? If so, email us and we will be glad to help. Please be aware a response can take up to 24 hours unless urgent.
Telephone : 01623 600839
Did you know this policy also covers you for :
• £500 Optical charges. Need new glasses?
AXA-PPP will reimburse up to £500 a year for the prescribed glasses, prescribed contact lenses needed to correct vision and eye tests. You should pay for them and send AXA-PPP the receipt showing your name and showing clearly what has been provided. We will then send you your benefit.
• Up to £500 for health screening
Claim up to £500 each year as a contribution towards the cost of an adult routine physical examination or screening. This benefit is only available if you are 18 years or over at the time of the health screening. Just arrange the screen yourself and then send us the receipt showing your name and confirming a screen has been carried out and we will reimburse you the costs up to £500 a year.
If you would like to know more call AXA-PPP on 0800 051 8010 quoting your membership number.