Arranging the placement of Kuwaiti candidates at UK universities. Overall academic and pastoral supervision of candidates. Promotion of distinctive cultural and educational relations with various universities, research centres and educational establishments in both the UK.
To achieve the above, the office seeks to realize the following objectives:
- Facilitating placement of Kuwaiti candidates at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in relevant universities and institutions in the UK. This would entail:
- Maintaining current arrangements and agreements with relevant universities and institutions.
- Establishing new links with institutions that would further our needs and requirements.
- Fostering good will between Kuwait and the UK in the fields of education and culture.
- Supervising and facilitating enrolment procedures of candidates following their arrival in UK.
- Offering candidates, every possible means of support in their pursuit of high quality academic and practical goals.
- Enhancing supervision of candidates’ academic progress and resolving any problems that may arise
- Enhancing standard of overall services offered by the office.
- Establishment of new and developed electronic systems that would improve and/or facilitate better means of communication with academic agencies, establishments and individuals.
- Throwing new cultural and academic bridges between UK and Ireland whilst fostering those already in place.
Services provided by the Cultural Office
Students can get their university offers approved by applying through the Offer Approval application displayed on the home page of our website. The Office provides the following:
- Approving offers for new students, provided that the universities/institutions applied for are approved by the Cultural Office and Ministry of Higher Education.
- Helping students throughout the process of applying for an offer.
- Answering students’ queries and advising them on how to use the Offer Approval application.
- Ensuring that the details as filled in by students are correct and within the rules and regulations of their scholarships.
- Starting files for new students which contain both their personal and academic details.
- Following up on students issues with the College/University they are studying at.
- Assisting students with issues, and taking decisions on their requests such as: Change of discipline, Freeze of scholarship etc….
- Reporting back to the Ministry of Higher Education regarding students academic progress as well as other matters, also, making sure the decrees issued by the Ministry are applied at the right time in the right way.
- Assisting students with any difficulties they may face during their stay in the United Kingdom.
As well as following up on students academic matters, the Cultural Office deals with students financial matters, by ensuring they receive their allowances according to the rules of their scholarships. For more information about this, please visit our Allowances page.
Certification and Equivalencies
When students graduate, they are responsible to get their Graduation Certificates certified and processed by the Cultural Office before going back to Kuwait. However, they will need to apply, through our Online Application Graduation & Equivalency on kcouk.org.