Copyright © 2024 Kuwait Cultural Office -- Ministry of Higher Education
All Rights Reserved.

Contact Us



Visa Procedures

Kuwait Cultural Office, London > Visa Procedures

How can I apply for a visa?

Before you start your visa application, you need to make sure that the following steps are followed:

  1. Your advisor should send the financial guarantee to your college/university.
  2. You should send  all the necessary documents to the university and ensure that there is nothing missing.
  3. You should complete and sign the acceptance formand send it to the university.
  4. You should get the visa letter or the CAS letter from the university, not from the Cultural Office.
  5. When you have the offer approved  and the visa letter or CAS letter, go to MOHE and ask for a scholarship letter.
  6. Start your application for the visa.

What type of visa should I apply for?

The British Embassy in Kuwait should be able to advise you on the type of visa you should have depending on your course, age and length of stay. The main visa types that students can apply for are:

    1. Student Visitor Visa: You can apply for a short-term study visa if you are attending a short course, such as an English language course.
    2. Tier 4 Visa: You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK for more than 6 months and have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a ‘licensed Tier 4 sponsor’. You should have UKVI IELTS in order to apply for this visa.
    3. Electronic Visa Waiver: An EVW allows you to visit the UK to study for up to 6 months. You must apply between 3 months and 48 hours before you travel. If you leave the UK before completing 6 months, the visa will be cancelled automatically and you will have to apply for a new visa.

What documents should I have when I apply for the visa?

  1. Unconditional offer and CAS letter.
  2. A valid passport.
  3. A scholarship letter (you can get this letter either from MOHE or the Cultural Office).
  4. UKVI IELTS certificate (the original certificate might be required).
  5. Any other documents related to your application.

I have received my visa. Is there anything I should take note of?

  1. You must pay attention to of the expiry date of your visa and passport.
  2. If you applied to come to the UK for a period longer than 6 months or to extend your visa to a period longer than 6 months, you will receive a biometric residence permit (BRP). You should collect your BRP once you are in the UK. You must do this before your vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK. The decision letter that you receive from the embassy will tell you which post office to collect your BRP from. You can always ask the embassy or your college for further details on this.
  3. Always remember to inform the university/college and the police when you change your address, renew your passport and visa or change the college.